Are you an artist?
At InkedFur we understand that producing and selling prints of your work can be intimidating, and as such, many artists prefer to focus on the creative side of their work.
Your Success is Our Success
At InkedFur, we love furry art. We are active in the fandom and will help get your work to those most likely to buy it. We’ll promote, print, mat, and ship your work so that you can worry less about sales and more about making great artwork.
We seek experienced artists who regularly produce quality work. We especially love full images featuring color, shading, and backgrounds as these tend to sell best, but are happy to take any artwork that does not fall into our 'Will Not Sell' guidelines.
We use a professional Canon ImagePROGRAF 6400S printer on luster (semi-gloss) professional 255 GSM photo paper. Our mat process is always acid-free and includes a foam backing board. With this printer, we can print up to 24 x 36 inch posters and two by ten foot banners on vinyl.
How we Compare
We strive to be the best printers for you, and are constantly working to improve and stay a step ahead of the other sites. Here are just five of the many ways we offer you a better marketplace for your art:
|InkedFur Printing||Other Sites|
|We inspect your work before printing, and adjust as necessary for best print possible.||They rely on you to prepare the images for their printers.|
|We allow more creative content freedom.||They have strict guidelines on what they print.|
|You never pay us.||They sometimes have monthly premiums.|
|We focus on high-quality furry art.||They have no focus, making it easy to get lost in the crowd.|
|We pay 30-40% of sales.||They pay 10-20% of sales.|
What InkedFur Printing Does For You
- We provide a website where customers can order your artwork.
- We print, mat (if ordered), and ship your works.
- You can select a series of images to be sold together at a discount. For instance, an underwear boys portfolio or a naughty girls collection.
- You retain all rights to your printed artwork; you may continue to sell your work through other vendors and services if you desire. (This does not apply to comics, art books, dakimakuras, and wall scrolls, see terms for details.)
- During most promotions, your compensation–the amount you receive per sale–is based on the full price of the work, not the discounted price given to the customer.
- On your artist page, we link back to any galleries you have, commission pages, and even any websites you run.
- If you’ve provided artwork for us to print, you can have us remove it from the store with a 24-hour notice. You can also have your entire gallery removed at your discretion.
We also offer discounted bulk printing options of your artwork. For example, if you want 10 prints of all your images mailed to you or delivered personally to you at a convention to sell, we can perform that service for you. We also offer bulk matting. This is great if you run a Patreon and want to mail out incentives to subscribers. Discounts start at 50% and go up to 65%. This makes us cheaper than most any office store.
We're committed to keeping our costs low while providing a quality product and high royalties to creators. Here are our current royalty rates:
|Acrylic Standee, Dakimakura, Wall Scroll||35%|
|Art Books, Comics, Ergonomic Mousepad, Playmat, Towel, T-Shirt||30%|
We’ve had artists curious how the money is distributed on InkedFur. Many sites only pay 10-20% to artists and they won’t even do adult artwork. We pay more and do adult artwork. Here is a full breakdown on prints/posters:
Per $500 USD in prints sold:
RoyaltiesYou keep 40% of the art value. On $500 in print sales, that's $200.
InkedFur Gross ProfitsOur cut just for production is $220.
Print OverheadOur printer is a hungry beast, it gets $80.
Here is a random selection of various products, and the royalties you might earn from each:
|Item||Sale Price||Creator's Share|
|Print - 5x7 in||$4,00||$1,60|
|Print - 12x18 in||$16,00||$6,40|
|Dakimakura - Smooth Knit||$62,00||$21,70|
|Dakimakura - Short Plush||$83,00||$29,05|
|Dakimakura - Advanced 2-Way Tricot||$119,00||$41,65|
Things we Won't Sell
While we hate limiting artists, there are some art we just won’t print to sell in your store. (This does not apply to direct printing orders to the commissioner or artist. We will print your cat photos if you want, your selfie collection, just please no dead things or child porn.) This is mainly to keep with the theme of the site and to keep us out of trouble.
Fetishizing violenceAny art that portrays an abused victim. Some of our artists and customers are survivors and we don’t like art that makes light of some traumatic experiences. BDSM is allowed but nothing that fetishizes violence, especially against women. Some pieces may be allowed if it appears consensual. It’s up to our judgment.
Hate artAny art that is made to attack a group, such as gender, race, disability, orientation, etc, or specific individuals.
Children in adult situationsOtherwise known as adult cub art to some. Chibi art or cubs not in adult situations is okay. Cub versus chibi will be handled on a case-by-case basis. No characters in adult art can be stated to be under 18.
Wildlife portraitsWhile we like a lot of it, it doesn’t sell to furries looking for furry art in most cases we’ve seen.
Art which exclusively features humansWe are a furry themed site and prefer to have prints display furries or other fantasy species such as nagas, demons, etc. We are working on a sister-site for this though!
Rough sketchesWe prefer not to feature rough sketches, works in progress, or hastily drawn art.
Hard voreArt where the victim dies or is dismembered is not allowed, sorry!
GuroImages that are gorey for the sake of gore is not allowed.
Snuff:Death in art is okay. Death as a result of sexual abuse? No.
ScatWatersports is okay, but no fecal matter. Diaperfurs are also okay, but no soiled diapers.
We encourage all are artists to submit anything they think would sell. It is always up to our discretion to sell it. There is no punishment or suspension if you upload something that breaks our rules, it simply will not be posted or sold.
Other Services we Offer
While our focus is primarily on providing the best prints possible, we've expanded to provide some other physical products, by popular demand.
- Digital portfolio sales, similar to Gumroad, except that adult items are allowed, plus catalog listing (which Gumroad charges 15% for). 40%? No. We’ll pay you 88% of all sales. Remember, there’s no 3% + $0.35 credit card processing fee. So you’re only paying us the fees, a furry business, instead of helping a corporation make even more money.
- Full-color adult comic book printing and selling paying 30% plus 50% buying your own copies! If you are working on a comic or already have a comic posted online, please contact us. Just add a bit of extra content for the print version and you’ll likely be approved.
- 3D Ergonomic Mousepads: Sexy mousepads where the characters’ breasts or butts are the wrist rest.
- Dakimakuras: We now offer dakimakuras at 62 x 20 inches. This is wider than most dakimakuras so US pillows fit much more comfortably. We offer these in three different fabrics: smooth knit, short plush, and advanced 2-way tricot. Royalties on these are 30%.
- Wall scrolls! You get the 30% for these as well and yes they can be adult too. Just specify when uploading art if you want a wall scroll of it available. Depending on interest and content, we may elect to have it as a wall scroll.
- Pillow cases: We also sell standard pillow cases at 20 x 28 inches in size. (30% royalties)
- Beach Towels: Available in a multitude of sizes. These are all single-sided and large. (30% royalties)
We're always open to new ideas, and are looking to expand into some or all of the below services in the future:
- T-shirts and other clothing
- Trading Cards
Our Request from You
We can do most of the heavy lifting to create and sell your prints, but we have a few things we'd like on your end to help us out and ensure a quality product.
- High resolution files provided to use as TIFF, PNG, or BMP. (To print at 600 DPI on our largest print (24 x 36 inches), the resolution would be 14400 x 21600 pixels. We look for a minimum of about 2500 pixels on each side. Most anything looks great on our printer at even 150 DPI.)
- Willingness to advertise our site on your user page on FA, Weasyl, Inkbunny, etc. This would just be a text link like "Buy prints of my artwork at http://inkedfur.com/fobo". This will drive traffic to your store and help move the art!
- If you want to sell prints of commissions, please have it in your terms of service that you maintain all rights to the artwork and acquire proof of agreement to these terms. We recommend using JotForms for recording digital signatures. According to US copyright law, a commission is considered a collaboration, so both parties have rights to sell the image for profit unless a signed contract states otherwise.